The galvanometric scanner – commonly called “galvo” – consists of galvanometer based motor driven mirrors whose high mobility offers flexibility, accuracy, speed and a constant velocity for superior image quality. With using galvo scanner many scanning approaches are available.
- point and random access points (up to 200 µs/point)
- line, freehand and curved line, multiple lines with bidirectional option (40 lines scans/ 5 ms)
- frame scanning with the possibility of frame rotation (4.1 fps at 512x512 pixels, 750 µm x 750 µm)
- folded frame and multiple folded frame scanning
- 3D volume scanning with piezo objective positioner or fast focusing liquid lens
The dual scanner head is a combination of the galvo and resonant scanners taking all advantages of them.